For larger views of photos in this photo album, click any photo in the photo scroller, below.
The Lakeside Cabin is set just a stone’s throw from the lake with windows facing the water. One can enjoy the beauty of early morning fog rising or the fantastic color of a sunset reflecting off the waters of Rice Lake.
- No electricity (bring lanterns)
- Heat: Wood stove
- Kitchen Area: Gas range and refrigerator, hand pump on kitchen sink. NOTE: State regulations affect the use of the range if your group includes minors whose parents will not be here with them. Please be sure to talk to a staff member about these regulations when making a reservation.
- Sleeping: Bunks and a loft together sleep at least 15 people
- Volleyball – swings – tetherball – canoes – carpet ball
- Pond nearby with lots of frogs and turtles
- Largest area for tents and campers. Can be used for large groups and there would still be room for games like football, volleyball or Frisbee.
- A fire ring is set up for group campfires. Inquire at the office for campfire wood to purchase, or gather dead fall from the woods.
- As a point of health and consideration for all guests, please bring ONLY freshly washed and machine-dried bed linens, blankets, sleeping bags, and cases on pillows. This cabin has 4-inch thick foam mattresses.
- Your own jug/container for water, pots, pans, dishes, eating utensils, dish cloths, etc – everything you need to prepare and eat your own food.
- Lanterns – there is no electricity
Can I come before the 3 pm check-in time?
You are welcome to come enjoy The Wilderness, walk trails or sit by the lake, however, the earliest facility “check in” time is 3 pm. Please make every effort to keep the check in time you told us when you made your reservation and is on your confirmation email. If you are going to be late, please call and let us know your arrival time. (Please leave a message if no answer.)
Do you keep my credit card number on file?
We only keep your credit card number on file until the time of your visit to The Wilderness. Once your stay at The Wilderness is complete and your donation is received, your credit card information is no longer in our system. You must give us credit card information every time you make a reservation.
Are pets allowed?
No pets or animals of any kind are allowed in any of our facilities. The only exception to this policy is a service animal.
Why do you ask for my credit card number?
We ask for your credit card number so that in the event of a cancellation or no-show, TWFM has a way of charging you a cancellation fee, according to our cancellation policy. Other than the cancellation fee, we do not charge anything to your credit card.
Can we drive up to the Group Cabins?
No. Please do not drive your vehicle to the front door of our Group Cabins. There are signs which clearly mark where you can and cannot drive. Please respect these directions.
Windy Hill Farm House
It is a very short walk across the lawn from the parking lot to the Farm House; NO vehicles allowed on the grass!
It is a short hike into the woods from the road to the Log Cabin; NO vehicles are allowed on the trail, off the road.
The Lakeside Cabin is the only Group Cabin where vehicles and pop-up camping trailers are allowed to park on the grass in front of the cabin.
Do you provide linens?
No, TWFM does not provide linens. You must bring your own linens and personal towels. As a point of health and consideration for all guests, please bring ONLY freshly washed and machine-dried bed linens, blankets, sleeping bags, and cases on pillows. The Group Cabins have 4-inch thick foam mattresses.
Do we need to bring our own pots, pans and utensils?
Yes, you need to bring everything you need to prepare and eat your own food, including your own jug/container for water, pots, pans, utensils, dishes, hot pads, dish cloths, and dish soap.
Do we need to provide our own firewood to heat the cabin?
No, TWFM provides firewood to heat the Group Cabins. If you want wood for a campfire, you’ll need to purchase it at the office, $3/bundle.
Is there a place for a campfire at each group/family cabin?
Yes, each Group Cabin has its own campfire pit. Firewood is available for purchase at the office, $3/bundle.
The Lakeside Cabin must be reserved in advance and is available on a suggested minimum donation basis.
Check the Lakeside Cabin Availability
To change month, click-on month and select month from dropdown or use right or left arrow.
Available as stay-thru but not as an arrival date*
*Note about yellow dates: In an attempt to give our staff Sundays and Holidays off, we do not take reservations for arrivals on Sundays or other dates identified in yellow. Guests may be here through a yellow day and may even check out on a yellow day, but no arrivals are allowed on yellow days.Check All Group / Family Cabin Availability